No standards related to this content.
Which collection of standards are you searching for?
Materials and preparation
- Story paper
- Lined paper
Students should be able to write a simple story about one topic with relevant details.
- Tell the students that they can draw and color a picture about anything that makes them happy today.
- Give them time for you to brainstorm some topics.
- Give them several ideas such as for instance animals, toys, games, favorite food if they are stuck and cannot think of anything.
Explicit Instruction/Teacher modeling
- Choose a topic of interest to you personally.
- Draw a photo to go right along with it. Show the learning students how the drawing does not have to be perfect.
- Demonstrate for the learning students how you would choose words that describe your picture.
- Make a listing and write those expressed words regarding the board.
- Use 2-3 of those words in a sentence.
- Show the students how the sentences connect with the image.
Gu >(15 minutes)
- Instruct the learning students to think about several words that tell about the picture they drew.